Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Finalizing plans and moving on.

This morning I woke up to a startling revelation: I leave for England today. At 10pm tonight, I'll be boarding a British Airways plane and getting to my seat with the lovely Elyse and then leaving the United States.
Honestly, I still can't believe that this is happening. Here we are, sitting at the airport as I finish my final blog post in the USA. Craziness. Thankfully checking only took a few minutes and oddly (although I'm not complaining), security only took a maximum of ten minutes because we got there right before it closed. So we're sitting in the airport talking about how long until we board and what Oxford is going to be like (not in the 27 degree fahrenheit zone).
Actually, the perfect thing just happened... "God Only Knows" just came on in the terminal and it reminds me of the movie "Love, Actually" (which takes place in England). The song itself plays at the end of the movie, which shows shots of people at the Heathrow airport hugging each other. I just love that movie for so many reasons.
Anyway, this is my post for the evening. I can't believe that in just a few hours, I'll be in London, grabbing my bags, jumping on a bus and heading off to Oxford. Everything just seems so unreal. I can't even believe that the process has started. I'm excited to see where this goes. Goodnight, all. Next time I post, I'll be in England!

No comments:

Post a Comment